On 6/18/2019 TellerWifi reached our approved capacity. All new customers will be put on a waitlist for installation which allows us to manage the usage load on the network overall. The waitlist will move by two primary mechanisms: Existing user attrition and/or TellerWifi Core Upgrades. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause however we feel it is important to continue to provider our existing customers with a high quality service and won't over subscribe our system.
Customers who have previously reserved a space or are buying a house currently connected with TellerWifi and wish to continue that service are able to be connected without the waitlist.
Generation 1: Version 3 - Current Status
6/18/2019 - Due to the demand in the county for internet, the main fiber lines down Highway 24 have reached saturation. We have bought the last available bandwidth on the line to support as many customers as possible. CDOT is working on trenching up fiber for their purposes and many companies are hoping to utilize that trench to get additional capacity to Teller County. This project has no defined due date or fiber activity date but is promising from an overall perspective.
We (TellerWifi) see this county level bottleneck and are actively working around the issue. We are very particular with our connectivity and have identified numerous suitable concepts to both provide backhaul releief but also to create additional redundency in our own network. Our goal is to create the best and most stable user experience of any provider in the county (or state for that matter), this new work will continue that mission. We are currently waiting quotes for the numerous items needed to accomplish this. More information will be noted as it becomes available.
7/8/2019 - We have made substantial progress in the last few weeks with some setbacks along the way. We have located a suitable relay which will allow us to connect directly to Colorado Springs main fiber lines. We are signing the leases this week and purchasing the necessary gear to get ready for the installation. If all goes well, we're looking at late July/early August for go live. This update will release all network capacity issues by nearly doubling overall network capacity.
7/16/2019 - Progress has been made at all locations needed for the relay. Equipment has been purchased and it is slowly making its way here via freight. We'll start constructing the end points as soon as gear arrives, the middle tower is under architectural review to ensure wind loading is within acceptable limits. Overall, looking good.
7/29/2019 - We have closed on the site in COS and will begin construction this week. New internet lines are on order (backhauls) and we're starting construction at Pisgah. Still waiting on the arrival of our dishes and the second new site, but expecting that within the next 10 days. So far we're roughly on track. We've been working with our new technical assignments to prepare and all is going well there.
8/1/2019 - The architectural review of the final site as been completed and the necessary gear is passed. Working on finalizing that site. We're starting the buildout at the COS site this weekend, hoping to have the core of the tower up and gear configured and ready to go. Have a potential setback in the shipping time for our big dishes but more to come on any delays due to that. Overall we're progressing well and making substantial progress.
8/6/2019 - We have completed the roof tower built at our COS location (Picture Here)
. The mountains in the clouds will be the connection point. The tower is currently empty but we're going to install the gear this week, still pending the fiber line source and a few other things, but overall its getting there. We are working on signing the lease for the middle-hop tower, still expected this week. We'll start the Pisgah buildout and necessary updates this weekend to get prepared. The virtual side is also going well, we've starting moving Woodland Park customers to the new virtual infrastructure in preparation for the new links. No final ETA yet, but good progress.
8/11/2019 - We received our FCC licenses for the link last week. We've also done more setup on the COS location tower, running power/fiber there this week hopefully. Saw the draft of the final tower lease doc, looked good, should sign for the last tower this week and begin that build out shortly. Current hold up is the physical dishes, they ended up backordered and current delivery estimate is first week in Sept. We're trying to bring that down a bit, but if thats when we get them we'll be ready to install them next day.